Classes & Tuition
Many and diverse craft classes are available in mid-Wales. If you offer classes or tuition, we will be happy to add your details.
Jewellery Making Workshops
Rose Wood Jewellery: Further details here: Rose Wood Jewellery
Make it in Wales is a Community Interest Company run as a not-for-profit organisation. A very wide variety of courses are run throughout the year in Cardigan, West Wales, led by some of the best designer-makers in the area. Full details on website, email or tel. 01239 758088.
"Make it in Wales @ Stiwdio 3 is a community space offering a range of craft activities as well as a café, gallery and retail corner. A place where people can meet, eat, make and create."
- BEGINNER QUILLING - CARD MAKING March 28th
- COPTIC-BOUND KEEPSAKE BOOKBINDING March 30th July 8th
- CARVE A SILVER RING March 31st then twice-monthly dates thereafter
- PRINTMAKING, Monoprint - March 31st / May 26th
- PRINTMAKING, Drypoint - April 14th / June 9th
- PRINTMAKING, Collagraph - May 12th / July 14th
- PRINTMAKING, Lino Cutting - June 23rd
- TECHNICAL SEWING April 6th - 8th September 28th - 30th
- LANDSCAPES IN YARN April 11th June 8th
- FELTED QUIRKY BIRD April 13th October 26th
- BEGINNER SEWING April 20th
- FAIRISLE HAND KNITTED CUSHION April 22nd May 20th
- BEGINNER MACHINE KNITTING April 27th
- PAPER MARBLING May 4th July 13th
- OPEN SPINE BOOKBINDING May 18th
- DRAWING WITH WOOL May 23rd & 24th
- TWEED FOLD TOP BAG May 18th & 19th September 14th & 15th
- FLORAL FELT MAKING June 1st & 2nd
- PLANT AND ECO DYEING June 29th October 12th
- LEARN THE ART OF PAPER CUTTING July 6th
- LEATHER ESPADRILLE MAKING July 24th
- SQUARE BOOKBINDING October 5th
- MAKE A COAT FROM WELSH WOOL TWEED October 18th - 21st
- UPHOLSTER A MILKING STOOL November 2nd
- DESIGN, CUT AND PRINT November 16th & 17th
- MAKE A SPRING UNLINED COAT November 22nd - 27th
Waunifor Centre: Waunifor offers a wide range of talks and workshops in pottery, art and crafts, together with self-catering accommodation, near Llandysul in mid-Wales.
Full details at Waunifor Centre or Waunifor what's on; email
phone 01559 395437.
Harriett Chapman Designs: "Sewing classes on Thursday mornings from 10.00 to 12.00. Suitable for all abilities, using appliqué, free hand embroidery and hand stitch to build up images. Later, we will make items such as bags for life, but it is definitely not a garment construction class, more about the decoration. I am also gathering numbers to start a Thursday evening class, it will start at 7.00 until 9.00 and the same price." Venue Unit 13, Pencarreg, Aberaeron Craft Centre
Further information: tel. 07732 320717; email Harriett; facebook: harriettchapmandesigns.
Textile Crafts - Quilting Five week course, starting 4th March 2019 at Cardigan Campus, Coleg Ceredigion 5.30 - 8.30pm. For more information Coleg Ceredigion, 01239 612032
Karen's Quilts: "Come and be part of a friendly group who enjoy sewing. Bring your own project to work on, or join the patchwork class."
Last Friday of the month, 10.30am to 4.00pm. £5.00 for drop in, or £10.00 for patchwork class.
Venue: Karen's Quilts, Pwll y Berlan, Llanrhystud, Ceredigion SY23 5ED tel. 01974 272026
Rag Art Studios: Rag Rug Making, tools and materials, workshops. Further details here: Ragart Studios Sue 01974 298100
Tuffet Making with Calico Kate
Instruction takes place on Wednesdays from 4.30 for about an hour, by prior booking and purchase of tuffet kit and all fabrics.
Maximum three students at a time! All sewing takes place at your home.
Instructions come with the full kit, so a little reading is necessary before you start and there is a small amount of preparation before the first session.
You will need a sewing machine (for home sewing), rotary cutter, ruler and cutting board, needles, pins and machine sewing thread.
**I do not charge, but love to share what I have learned and love doing; all I ask is that the tuffet kit and all fabrics are purchased from Calico Kate **
For further details contact Kate at Calico Kate
Willow sculpture, basketmaking, felt artist
Cassandra Lishman: Further details here: Cassandra Lishman